Friday, March 26, 2010

The Tale Of The Easter Bunny

We're at the Burlington Mall yesterday and suddenly GP is all worked up. He needs to talk to the Easter Bunny, he must talk to the Easter Bunny!
So down the escalator we go to see Mr Bunny. I tell him that Mr Bunny does not bring presents to children, he brings eggs (which GP does not eat) and chocolates (which are also on the "No, thanks." list). Once there, He says he needs to talk to him. I remind him that Mr Bunny does not bring presents (he has a huge set up. like Santa, so I want to make sure GP is not thinking Mr. Bunny has been promoted to Springtime Gift Giver). We go through the velvet cords and he sits right next to him, I ask if he wants a picture. He says "Just a minute." So I'm fending off the sales people who want to snap the $26 pictures... while GP is not even looking at the camera. He is engrossed in conversation and as I walk up to them yet again to ask if he wants his picture taken I overhear him, "You can speak, c'mon, don't be shy!" And Mr. Bunny is just shaking his his head in a "I love you" kind of way. And GP turns to me as I try to explain that Mr Bunny does not speak, he just gives love... and GP tells me, "But I want to know why he does not bring presents!".
OMG! That was hilarious. He was a boy on a mission. He wanted answers and he wanted them from Mr. Bunny. No more asking Mom. He was going to the source...
and then Mr. Bunny is too shy? UGH!
The things he thinks of, I tell you. He keeps me in stitches!

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey GP... Mr Bunny doesn't bring presents because he doesn't have all the help that Santa does. Santa has all those elves that make the toys and Mr Bunny is alone. No help.

Maybe you could leave a note reminding him that you don't like eggs and chocolate. I am sure he can come up with something else.

Marie said...

Oh Brenda that is priceless, kids are so wonderful. God bless GP.
Hugs,Marie

strawberrycream39 said...

Hee hee! I love it. Telling the EB not to be shy...oh, that's great. GP rules!

strawberrycream39 said...

P.S. The Easter Bunny brings some chocolate here, but mostly little gifts. <3

Nanbon44 said...

GP is so cute, guess we all know who the boss is.. The Easter Bunny used to bring my son a Basket of Fresh Fruit.

Katie :o) said...

very cute picture! And I *love* the story :o)

Barb said...

What a fun time and picture!!

Lynn Barbadora said...

GP you are the man! Love ya!
Hugs!
Lynn

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Oh GP,

You are a treasure...quite right, if the EB is there may as well ask him :)Shame he was so shy.
Liam cannot have eggs or chocolate either (unless it dairy-free, nut free and egg free).
Lots of hugs, Sharon

sunnisandy said...

GP you are priceless, even I would not have the courage to ask EB why he brings no gifts.
Bunny Hugs!!!

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Oh how precious! Loved the story Brenda!

annapaola said...

ciao
your blog and your work are very beautiful....
sorry for my english
ciaociao
annapaola
tuscany
italy

Shelley said...

I love the GP story, I have a 5 year old that wants to know things like that too. Love our kids to death.
Shelley

Jan said...

Priceless! Your Son sounds like a wonderful boy ... his encounter with the Easter Bunny himself made me LOL! I just happened upon your Blog today ... a beautiful site :) Our Nephew, A.J. is Autistic as well and such a wonderful child! I recently completed a "Puzzle Quilt" for my DSIL to raffle off at our "Walk for Autism" this month. You can see it on my Blog. God Bless!