Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Sprinkling of Flowers, Done!

Finally! I finally have a finished project to show. It's about time, isn't it? Well, there's been much happening on this end.... and none of it has been crafting. The nerve!

I set my mind to finishing this cutie this morning. I just had to put the buttons on and stitch on the wool flower, and TADA! Here you go! A Sprinkling of Flowers, done!
Woo-Hoo! I feel like I could use some confetti, ticker tape and a marching band. hahaha. Yeah, it did feel like I would never finish it because it's been staring at me waiting for those buttons and that one little flower for over a week; and now it's DONE! Hooray for me!!!! I can't help it, it's the little things that make me happy!

This pattern is by Country Lore Designs, and I just love it. I made up three little kits in the same fabrics. The applique is flannel and wool , the buttons are all hand dyed by Hillcreek designs and although a rusty watering can is included with the pattern, I thought my version would forgo that embellishment... Sometimes more is just more, you know what I mean? So there you have it, My first finish for March! Woo-Hoo...stay tuned, maybe I'm on a roll! LOL! OK, maybe not. But in any case, if you want to spend the weekend crafting and have something wonderful to show for it on Monday, just buy yourself a kit and whip this baby up next weekend. You'll love it!
Update: This kit is Sold Out!

10 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations on your finish! It's lovely! :0)

Marie said...

Yea for you!!! So happy to see your finish I love your things!! Hugs, Marie

Jenny said...

Oh oh oh! Very purty!

Kaaren said...

WTG, Brenda. It's awesome-ly cute!

Maggey and Jim said...

Sweet, really cute and I always love your crows..
Maggey

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful piece. I always love the samples you make up, it is a great way to see the patterns.

Debbie

Linda said...

This is darling! It really does feel great to finish something and enjoy the fruits of our labors.

Cat Haven Craft House said...

Very bright and cheerful!

Meredith said...

What a cute and simple project. I think I need an easy project that can actually get complted.

Barb said...

I love it!!