Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Know It's Not Christmas!

But I needed to do something that was NOT embroidery! LOL! OK, call me a coward. I just could not face another upset at the hands of the needle. I just could not do it! I had this quilt all made waiting for the applique (I told you , I'm weird, I make the quilt and THEN add the applique...I have a system,trust me, it all works out in the end), so instead of feeling like an embroidery loser, I did what I do best...I ironed on the applique and took to my handy dandy machine to finish this one off last night, woo-HOO! The good news is that Christmas comes around every single year, so this little cutie is just a bit early for the 2010 holiday celebrations. BTW...she makes Holiday Tree#4 for me. Can you tell that I just love this pattern? =)
You can make a Holiday Tree of your own, I have listed some kits using the same exact fabrics I used for my sample. I just love it. Now I have to go find the tissue paper to wrap it up....so I can put it with the darn Xmas cards I never mailed out. LOL~ Well, at least I'm almost ready for Christmas 2010...hee-hee

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hear you, sometimes I just to stitch and make something without having to think too much;)

Debbie

Yasmin said...

Your work is wonderful... you have fairy hands.!
xoxo
Yasmin

Marie said...

Love it Brenda!!Hugs,Marie

Jenny said...

I love how dramatic you are! Really neat project!

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I have that same pattern. I love how yours turned out. I work on Christmas things all year. I have a number of things started for 2010...teeheehee! Have a good weekend. Hugs, Karen

Betsy said...

Brenda its never too late to get started on those christmas projects.

Jessica said...

Another wonderful piece! I love it!! I do fine with embroidery, but I am not sew great with quilting. I am envious at how you can whip these beauties up!

Barb said...

love it!!

Shelina said...

On my very first applique project, the pattern called for grid quilting. I was so mad, because there were so many stops and starts around the applique, it would have made a lot more sense to quilt first and then applique. I haven't actually tried it, so I don't know how hard that would be with needle turn, but I'm sure with a small project on the machine, it would work just fine.

Rae Ann said...

Brenda, you are the smart one. You are already ahead of the gang, the way I look at it! What a darling project to have done.