Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Simple Woman Summer Swap! New Update...

I mailed out my SWSS package last week and it finally arrived yesterday. I didn't want to spoil the surprise and post a pic of what I sent her but now that the cat is out of the bag (so to speak) , I thought I'd share a pic from Lori's blog. Three items were required: Something Old (Stash Envy, a funny audio book by Lisa Boyer), something New (a fresh Cotton scented soy candle... don't all quilter's like cotton?, and a Yankee candle plug-in in Beach Walk. Hey, it's a Summer Swap!) and last but not least a Thrifty Item. Well, GP is not one for thrift shops and since my whole house is almost a Thrift Shop,
I sent her a Treenware Sugar Mold votive holder I painted with a Summer scene (Ahem...it's a summer swap!) and a little woolen penny mat I stitched up. Tada! She was happy and I am happy...what a great end to a fun swap! Here's a close up of the little scene I painted on the sugar mold. It's my own design so please don't copy and reproduce it for sale.
Copyright laws apply.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great painting Brenda!! Sounds like you both had a win/win ... I like the penny mat, after the cupcake swap I might try my hand at one of those projects....
Kim :)