Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dre goes to Japan

My beautiful niece is in Japan. How awesome is that? She is off on a Summer exchange program of sorts and I am so excited I can hardly stand it. She has set up a blog for her adventures and I encourage everyone to go and enjoy the trip with her. Live vicariously through the eyes of a 21yr. old!
http://dreinjapan.blogspot.com/
She has been preparing herself for this adventure for as long as I can remember. She has been taking Japanese classes since long before this trip was even a possibility. She is a Manga fan, one of those that dresses up in costumes and goes to Manga conventions (not as bad as the Trekkies but sure is close...I think my son likes the Manga ones better, LOL!) She loves Japanese TV shows and has immersed herself in Japanese culture for years. This trip is only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. She has worked hard to earn her spot among the students who join her, and I am thrilled to see her make this dream a reality. You go girl!

2 comments:

Strlady said...

I spoke to her yesterday over the computer! Can you believe it. I got to video conference with her from JAPAN! She is having a great time and is practicing her Japanese quite a bit. You can see some of the pictures that have not yest been posted on the blog here: Dre in Japan - Smugmug

~*~ said...

I'll have morepictures up soon!! my computer isn't as compatible with smug mug as I'd like but I'm using my room mates computer to upload everything. Just follow the link.