Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Look at this beauty I found in the front yard this morning! When we purchased our home over ten years ago, there was a big ugly tree stump in the front yard. Being a City Slicker I had no clue you could have those things removed so guess what...I embellished it, LOL!
I planted tulips and daffodils, and all kinds of bulbs for the Spring and in the Fall planted mums and I I just kept adding to the pot as years went by. One year, as I dug to add more bulbs to the bottom of the trunk my trowel just crushed the roots. OK, so now I was thinking I was in big trouble... well, to make this very long story as short as possible I'll just say that I was told that we could have the stump removed AND we could even have the roots ground to a few inches under the grade...duh! Well, that's what we did. Then my husband "rottotilled"
the entire front garden. But every Spring I have a couple of my first tulips pop up in unexpected places. They are always such a welcome surprise. I don't know how they have survived all these years but I love them and thought I'd share my unexpected surprise!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I wish I had some unexpected Tulips pop up in my garden/lawn... I guess I would have to plant them first... :)

~*~ said...

Happy mothers day!! I tried to call you a few times but I never got an answer. :(

hope it was great!!!