Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Love Punchneedle Embroidery

Is there anything not to love about Punchneedle Embroidery? Only the part where you start with a pattern, a hoop, lots and lots and lots of thread, and a very sharp needle you have to stab a gazillion times in order to end up with one of those little tapestries that looks more like a tiny little hooked rug than anything "embroidered", that's all. Now, if you can move past that part then you can enjoy the art of Punchneedle Embroidery, as I do.
My favorite part about PE is the part where you find a spot for it and put it on display. To that end, and because life is too short to do it all, I buy my PE pieces. I'm so bad...
Last week I purchased this wonderful horse piece from Debbie over at Woolensails and thought I'd share it since it came in the mail earlier in the week. I didn't have to look very hard for a spot to display it; it is just lovely and fits in everywhere. HAHAHA!
Debbie makes little works of art and I encourage you to watch her blog (Bloglines?) because she does sell some of her pieces and you might get lucky, like me .... and claim one as your own!

1 comment:

Strlady said...

what a cute little thing!