Saturday, July 11, 2009

An Autographed Quilt Block?

I've made so many great friends in Blog-Land. I can go without the TV, without hearing or reading the news but God knows I check my Bloglines, LOL! It's like "checking in on "the girls", most of whom I have never had the pleasure of sharing a meal (well, the occassional sandwich while emailing, but does that really count?), but whose lives I glimse from afar. I celebrate their good times and say a little prayer for them during their hard times. It kind of makes me remember that we all have ups and downs, and in the end we're all just trying to live a good life, just doing the best we can with what we have...
Anyway, my dear friend Melissa is hosting a Signature Block Swap, and I just signed up! Even though it was pieced, mind you! And I have to invite you all to join in . I think this will be just so much fun. Wouldn't it be amazing if your Blogging Buddies sent you a little block? I can't wait. I hope everyone appreciates my piecing efforts... and no one decides to "forget" to add my little guys to their finished quilt. I'd be so sad... Would you please go and sign up so you too can be in my
Blogging Buddies Quilt? OK, so now I better start on my practice blocks. I think I'm going to require quite a few of those before my blocks will meet swapping standards. Good thing she allotted ample time to complete these. Now go sign up ... you know you want to!

8 comments:

Strlady said...

Don't forget to use Freezer paper to stabilize your signature area so your siggie looks great!!

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

You are so funny!! Your piecing is fabulous. You piece so well they should name it after you. =)
"Hold on a minute I have to go 'brenda' this last block" LOL

melissa

Christine said...

Love the new look of your blog, very classy!!!
Christine

Kaaren said...

I asked if Canadians can play too. After all, we're right next door!


Waaahhhh! I wanna play too!

Khris said...

I know what you mean about loving our blogs and online friends..I can skip tv any day but cannot go without my daily dose of emails and cyber friends online...hugs Khris

Carrie P. said...

Oh fun. I might get a block from you because I have signed up. It would be cool to get one from each state.

Donna said...

Alright, already I signed up!! I love swaps too and especially siggy swaps. This will be my second. I'd better get busy piecing the first before those new blocks show up, huh?

Mel said...

I'm hoping to spread the word on my blog too, I would love to get siggies from all over!