Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Seeing Roosters, Now In Progress!

Have you ever set aside a pattern to make "someday", and one day you just find it again and decide "someday" has arrived? Well, that's exactly what happened to me this weekend. I found this awesome pattern that I had stashed away to make "someday" and thought it was the perfect one for a rainy and *ugh* soooo dreary weekend... and I was off! Hours of tracing and cutting later, this is what I have to show for my efforts:
TADAAAAA! Seeing Roosters, is now in progress! I still have SIX more roosters to cut out but I have six ready to sew, and I feel like a rock star!
woo-HOO! I'm halfway done...
Each rooster is unique and goes on a different colored background. These are on the same background because I wanted to show you the actual roosters but they will each be on a different color when they are stitched down. I am using all hand dyed woolens for the roosters and the background. I'm still deciding whether or not to machine applique them....
But I will mull that over as I cut out the last six...
Stay tuned; more Rooster news to come!

11 comments:

Strlady said...

Very cool! The second one looks funky. Do they build up to a wall hanging? How big are they?

Zarina said...

what are you planning with all those roosters? was it precut or you cut it yourself.

Rae Ann said...

A great find for a rainy day! Can't wait to see what it will be when you finish.

strawberrycream39 said...

Sounds like it's going to be great. You cut those roosters so perfectly! Teeny scissors?

Terry said...

Cool roosters! I like that bottom one! :0)

Talin's Corner said...

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I am currently working on a project that was in QNM June 2000. How sad is that? Your roosters look great.

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a fun pattern, can't wait to see what it looks like.

Debbie

dana said...

Verrrrry interesting! I am pretty limited in my quilting and/or appliqueing skills. You always have the best projects...this one is sure to be a winner! I only dream of such divine creations!! It's dreary here, too! :( dana

Kaaren said...

Hand stitching would be my choice, Brenda. Love it!

Nadia Liana said...

Love dem Roosters Brenda! So quirky and full of personality. Can't wait to see what they look like in the end.

~anna

Rock Hill Furniture Assembly said...

Loved reading this thankss