Friday, May 21, 2010

Horn Of Plenty, In Progress

I've been working on a wonderful new wool penny rug from one of the latest designers to be showcased at the Pumpkin Patch, Jan Speed. This is her pattern, Horn of Plenty as I have converted it from wool felt to all hand dyed woolens. The applique is all done but the tongues are still in progress. When all is said and done it will look like this: My pic was taken outdoors so it looks brighter than it really is. The daylight makes the other colors "bounce", but it really is not bright at all. I wanted to make sure you'd see the textures on the woolens. I love the way the applique turned out. I hope to be finished with the tongues tomorrow; stay tuned for the great reveal!
Hope you've been working on something fun too...

10 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful!!! Did you stitch the pieces by hand or machine? I would love to know how you do yours!
Christine

Julia said...

I love your Horn of Plenty - beautiful colours!:0)

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

OH, I do love this. It is a beauty. Karen

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that!!! So pretty.

Maggey and Jim said...

I think it is some of your best yet..
Maggey

Pat from Florida said...

Lovely! This is the first I've heard of hand-dyed wools. I've just started collecting wools ala thrift shops to felt for applique. Your son is indeed handsome. I have a DGD who has Asperger (mild autism), and now that I know what I know, I suspect her mom, my daughter, has it too.

Lynn Barbadora said...

Thats gorgeous Brenda!
HUgs,
Lynn

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful piece and perfect for the fall.

Debbie

Katie :o) said...

Very pretty! Makes me wish I wasn't so darned allergic to wool....

Rosemary said...

You make the neatest stuff. Where do you get all your wool? And what threads do you use?