Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's A Wool Crazy Week!

I've made some progress on my Wool Crazy Pincushion. I added a few flowers and even decided that my first flower was looking a bit too "dowdy", so I put my seam ripper to good use and removed it. My new one will be added shortly. Here's what I have so far: And as I was working on my new flower.... look what arrived:
This is Roseanne Kermes Round Robin pincushion.
I am its first stop, woo-hoo! Now isn't that bee skep the bomb? Amazing!
I will be adding a little something to it but I will have to sleep on it before I decide...stay tuned... it's definitely a Wool Crazy week at the Pumpkin Patch!

5 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

I love them both and I love bee skeps.. Good work girls,
Maggey

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love them. I have a question about wool. Does it usually ravel when you work with it. I did one project and it raveled terrible. It was a felted kit I purchased. It was several years ago. I was never pleased with the results. The moths have now eaten on it....I don't even care. It was a great pattern but I just didn't know what to do about the raveling. I am going to do it again if I find out the secret to working with wool without the raveling. If any of you wool girls read this please drop me your answer also. Thanks bunches, Karen

Joanna said...

They are both gorgeous! I didn't realize you had a whole other website devoted to the WC book, and wow it is amazing! Almost enough to make me want to join in!

Terry said...

I love these wool crazy pin cushions! I only have a few bits of wool in my stash but I may just have to get my hands on some more so I can make myself one (or two or three) of these! :0)

Kelli said...

Absolutely beautiful! I just love yours and it will be oodles of fun to watch the Round Robin progress. Thanks for sharing!