Saturday, May 22, 2010

Horn of Plenty, Done!

I did it, I finished my penny rug!
I spent the morning finishing those darn tongues...man, talk about labor intensive! Then I had to make sure that when I stitched the backing on to the penny rug I didn't catch any of the tongues. If I had to rip out the stitches I would damage my hours upon hours of work, and that would bite. So how do I make sure the tongues don't shift? I pin them!!! You might think this is Pin Overkill but after all those hours of stitching I was NOT taking any chances... After flipping it over I then proceeded to blanket stitch around the center and after a quick steaming.... I present, Horn of Plenty, TADA!!!!
I could have spent another thirty minutes pulling and tugging until it laid absolutely perfect but life is too short to get hung up on those things so I just gave it the "once over" and I am all done! Woo-Hoo!
Hope your day was filled with great stitches and a wonderful finish before bedtime... now onto the next project! Hooray!

16 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

If plenty of pins save the dreaded unpicking I say pin away. You've done a great job, well done
hugs
Miche'le

Maggey and Jim said...

It almost looks like it could speak to you.. Wonderful work..
Maggey

Sheila said...

Beautiful, Brenda!

Mary said...

Great job!! I love it.

Lynn Barbadora said...

Brenda,
That is gorgeous.......what a treasure!
Hugs,
Lynn

Kaaren said...

Great job, Brenda! It looks awesome. See? All that hard work pays off, huh?

Terry said...

It looks great! Congratulations! :0)

Barb said...

Wonderful work....just love it!

Friendship Crossing said...

It looks amazing and I know how labor intensive those penny rugs can be, but oh so worth all the work!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful job on finishing and I don't blame you, nothing like ruining work you have already finished.

Debbie

Jess said...

i like the fabric you choose; it gives it texture

sunnisandy said...

What a beautiful piece of work, Brenda. Excellent job and the colors you used are terrific. Can't wait for your next project!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Very nice!! So pretty.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome - I love it, and you bet I'd do the pin thing too!!!
Linda in GA

Controlling My Chaos said...

It's gorgeous. I'm with you, I would have pinned it like that too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks wonderful. Congratulations!