Friday, June 26, 2009

One can dream....

If you weigh more than 100 lb and are older than 12 you must know that those ladders that come with your "over the counter, not breaking into the retirement plan" pools are just one more reason not to get into the cold water. Well, I'll have you know that my DH does NOT mind getting in the icy water with GP and they are a sight to behold.
They are so funny, those two in there blasting each other with their Super Soaker water guns. Did I mention that they wear "protective" gear?OMG! If DH knew I was disclosing this he'd have my head, LOL! But they do...BOTH of them, in our little pool they wear masks and tag each other under water.
I tell you , it's fun to watch (from the airconditioned kitchen, through the window...far away from the soaker's stream!) LOL!

Well, all this fun seemed very unlikely to be a part of this Summer (all weather issues aside) since DH was hospitalized and dx with Lymphoedema last Winter.

As soon as it started warming up (so to speak... maybe I should say "thawing", since 60 is not really warm but it sure beats 20!), I thought of how hard it was going to be for DH to get in the pool. Just the thought of him going up that rickety ladder was worrying me. And then when the pool guys came to clean the pool, it just occurred to me; he needs STEPS! OMG! I can't believe I hadn't thought of it. So I searched and searched for some steps that wouldn't cost more than the pool and look what I found:Of course he doesn't know that I ordered these, he thinks I ordered a "sturdy" ladder, but these will be soooo much better than a ladder. They even have an extra step for "slightly disabled" swimmers. Again, if he read this, he'd have my head. But I'm so excited I needed to share. I wish someone would have told me you don't need a humungus pool to add steps; and that you need not take a second mortgage on your house to buy them either. With a little research and LOTS of patience, you can find them for a reasonable price.


I hope they're easy to assemble so I can enlist GP and surprise him with them in the pool next weekend (not that he'll be swimming in the rain, but it's the thought that counts!). I bet he'll be so happy he'll go out and buy me a new Weber...like this one:
Unless he reads my blog and then I'm in the doghouse, LOL!
Better he doesn't find out about the blog "thing"!
I'll keep you posted on my Secret Project, and on my new Weber...
One can dream.... ahhhhh.....B=)

6 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a fun summer is in the works.

Joanna said...

Oh my, we are going to be getting in the pool in style now! Woo Hoo! And when you get the new BBQ I'll be there with the meat ;) BTW remember how I had money left from the quilt show? Well I don't have to spend it on groceries - Roland says I get to spend it on lifejackets for the kids...but only if I want to...isn't he so kind? Groan lol!!

Anonymous said...

Hey great find on the stairs there!! Chin up now, you know those weather guys are never right, I bet it will be HOT and SUNNY on the 4th! I am wishing it into existance! =)
melissa

Fiber Babble said...

Those steps are quite clever - its surprising that they DON'T break the bank.

I had no idea you were such a backyard warrior... The things you let slip in the privacy of your own blog... =8-O

Susan in SC said...

How very thoughtfula nd sweet of you to get these steps! I know they will be appreciated and used!

WoolenSails said...

I love those steps. Ours are similar but not gate, we have to lift it, to keep it closed. But our ground is off, so it is still wobbly. One of these days they will find me floating in the pool when I fall off of them, haha.

Debbie