Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Alive!

And I'm working on some great new projects. I had to take some "Mental Health" days because I was beginning to loose my mind. A note to all: the first sign that you are losing your mind is when you start to take life WAY too seriously. Remember, if you are healthy and your kids are safe at home...what could possibly be that bad? Hello!
Anyway, I am on the mend. Or so I think. I might have to take another mental health holiday if my thermostat doesn't hit forty soon! But that's another story.
So here's one of the projects I am working on.It's a runner~ a big fat one...I have to say that it will be perfect for a big coffee table, ahem!
I'll have you all know that TChoco (my non-quilter sister) was taught to rotary cut and did all the stripping for this one. She also helped with all the applique pieces (tracing and cutting all the pieces and matching all the flowers...) oh wait till you see it, it's the bomb! (OOps, did I date myself? Do people still say that? Should I have said,"It's fierce?" HMMM...I need to keep up with the times, better check on my euphemisms... they might be outdated, LOL!
Anyway, I already did half of the binding and half of the quilting. Once I finish all the quilting I'll put the applique on and Whala, off to TX! I'm so excited! oh, take a look at the flowers....they are so cute!So there you go... what'cha think? The pics are crummy but you know...
I try! More to follow....
I just realized I didn't tell you that I was in TX and all the fabrics in the top were snatched from Sandy's stash. I bought the pattern at the Quilt Show she took me to and will soon carry it in my shoppe. It is so easy, even I could piece it, LOL! Oh and Sandy, thanks for allowing me to raid your stash... you're the best!

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad you are having a break! Can't wait to see your finished runner, it looks so cute!

Joanna said...

This looks really good....but I have to ask....is this another one that I'm going to have to quilt for you??? LOL!!!! Geesh woman, I'm going to have to teach you how to do it yourself one of these days!!

Susan in SC said...

I love this runner. It's good to take mental health days! It keeps one refreshed and energized to deal with one's blessings!

lej619 said...

Glad to here you are ok.
and the table runner is pretty

Donna said...

I'm so jealous you are in Texas!!! The runner is adorable. I can't wait to see it all finished.

Wendy said...

The colours in your table runner are looking sooooo cute and those flowers...yummy! Love the idea of taking a break for a 'mental health' day...how many are we allowed a year?....or a week? hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Awww Brenda! You need some margarita therapy!! heheheh I'm glad your mental health is on the mend. I too experienced the need for margarita therapy here recently. I will be wishing warmer weather your way. =)
Your table runner is the BOMB girl!!! Love it!!

Strlady said...

That is looking so good!!! And the stash is very healthy so you are welcome to dig for more anytime. I'm thinking you need to come back in October... For the International Quilt festival in Houston! I'll put in for the vacation time now...

strawberrycream39 said...

Oooh, that's really pretty. I love the flowers on top. Is it hard to sew those thin strips together so they're all straight? --Jen