Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

It was too good to be true, I had spent the week in bliss and it came back to bite me in the tushy! Go figure...look what I found when I opened the door to take GP to get his haircut:Oh, to say he was not pleased would be such an understatement. You see, to GP these boxes are
nothing but trouble. He doesn't feel the excitement of what is to come. The thrill of the wait finally coming to an end. He doesn't feel the urge to rip them open and cut them up into kits (and there is a really cute pattern that I will be kitting...woo-hoo! OOps, getting off topic here!LOL!) To him his trip to get a haircut has been delayed and his trip to the sushi bar is even further away than the haircut. Those stupid boxes stand between him and the barbecue eel sushi he has been waiting for all day... Had I not run out of batteries I would have taken a pic of the process. Oh, I might have even recorded the event. My Prince could have been an alcoholic for all the whine he had. "Oh, it's too heavy", "Oh, Mom can do it", "I can't carry more than four at a time", "Five is too heavy" Can you see me rolling my eyes? Did you know that GP grew to 5'2" this year, making him two full inches taller than I am? He weighs in at 180lb. and he can't handle five bolts of fabric at a time? Who does he think he's fooling? LOL! What a kid; I tell you...he's autistic but he is not stupid! The boxes weighed more than 70 pounds each so carrying them in was out of the question but I opened them up and we were done in no more than 15 minutes. But the moaning and whining...woe, you would have thought he had hours of work ahead. Again, I roll my eyes, LOL!
So anyway, the great fabrics are in and now I just have to log them in and get them posted. That'll take a day or two but I already have the slide show going so everyone can see the great new prints. Did you see that? I'm so fancy!
And it's not a bad thing to take a break from my runner. When I dried myself off after my shower tonight I saw this: those white spots are shreds of skin! Hello! No wonder my fingers were so sore. I'm such a bad quilter, I swear I don't know how to quilt without stabbing myself raw. I used a band-aid but the needle would get all gunky from stabbing through the tape. I tried the leather thimble but the needle kept getting caught in it...any suggestion? this is the hand that goes under the quilt (I don't use a hoop, just hold it in my hands and quilt. I think I need to use a stone to rub off all that ugly stuff. Wonder if my Pet Egg would work? HMMM... I might just try that before I get a callous!

7 comments:

trash said...

Poor old GP. Did he get there eventually?

New fabric looks great.

QuiltedSimple said...

Those boxes look intriguing! Can't wait to see what was in them
Kris

Donna said...

Now I'm really jealous!!! I would love to get my hands on all that fabric. I wouldn't even mind carrying it from the door to the shop. I'd be happy to give GP a break!! But count me out for the sushi. YUCK!!

antique quilter said...

what you need is New Skin its a liquid bandage that you apply on like nail polish and you can keep hand quilting and appliquéing! The callouses will form in a few weeks and you will be fine
I LOVE this stuff

ahhhh how lucky are you all that new fabric

Susan in SC said...

Poor GP! How funny this was. He's a smart fella! I can't wait to see the fabrics! I would have helped you if I had been there! :-)

strawberrycream39 said...

Cute fabrics! Can't wait to see them on your site!

Poor GP! It always seems like I get a phone call or something right when the kids are ready to go. Oh well, teaches them patience, right?? :-)

Strlady said...

I was looking for some rulers the other day and ran into a product I used a long time ago and forgot existed. The product is called Under Thimble and it's a small piece of leather that adheres to the tip of your finger. It allows you movement but still protects the pad of your finger. I found I needed to FEEL the prick to know I reached goal. But it's something to try. There is a similar product called Thimble-It