Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pincushion, Done!

Here's the disclaimer; this is my idea of a pincushion but it might not necessarily be one for everyone. It measures 2-6/8"x 2". Yep, that's two and six eighths by two INCHES, LOL! It has twelve teeny-weeny buttons (shades of scarlet!) and is filled with weighted poly pellets.Here's the front:and then here's the back:One side has lighter buttons than the other because the pack had "shades", so what I did was keep all the buttons the same per side. Did you notice how my piecing is super fab? And to think it only took FOUR HOURS to make this cutie, LOL! Hence, I could never do piecing for a living...Oh, but I did match up all of my teeny weeny little blocks. Now that's not OCD, that's Sandy's fault! I live in fear of Sandy's wrath...,LOL. Wouldn't want to be on her "sloppy quilter" list! Too scary!
Now, I'm not really sure I can part with my handsome pinkeep and cute little pincushion. HMMM. I must do some serious soul searching. Can I part with them in the name of a swap? Oh dear, maybe I should try again and make another one that is not quite as cute....
I think I'm in a pickle of sorts now. I'll have to mull it over. ...

10 comments:

lej619 said...

if you are like me i'll make me anothere one and fall in love with it also.
LOL

strawberrycream39 said...

Oh that's cute!! I would have a hard time parting with it too!! --Jen

wonderwoman said...

that is a lovely pincushion - and i'm not surprised you don't want to part with it.

xx

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Just found your blog and love it. I'm hooked on pincushions, also. I'll be following you.

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the pincushion - very cute!!! Lately I'm in love with them!
Kris

lej619 said...

nice job !!

Jess said...

NICE!! I love the buttons! Good detail!

Heather said...

What a cute cushion, I love it!

Jean G said...

So, can you make one for me plus the needle holder!!??? My current "pincushion" is the floor by my sewing machine: the needles fall off the table and lodge in the carpet. Not very helpful and really hurts when I walk there... Yours are much more functional!
Jean

Julie said...

I love pincushions and yours is very cute!