Thursday, May 19, 2016

It won't be long now

I was out raking leaves and cleaning out flower beds this afternoon and dreaming of warm days ahead. I am looking forward to pulling out the little mesh tables and the umbrellas that mark the beginning of the "outdoor" season for us.
Even with a mild winter it seems like a lifetime ago since we actually sat outside. I catch GP pacing the patio and surveying the yard every afternoon. He is so ready he doesn't even complain when I tell him we have to do yardwork.   I am right there with him... ready for the sunny days.
Spring is a blessing, a respite from the long, cold months. If only, if only I had a little bit of sunshine, I could be more patient. Thankfully the calendar says it won't be long now, so I watch the clouds pass us by and use my cool mornings to rake more leaves and plant more flowers. 
Hope your spring is sunny and warm and that you too are enjoying the cool while anxiously awaiting the warmth. Hang in there, it won't be long now.