Sunday, July 25, 2010

No Chick Flicks for GP!

As you may or may not know, GP goes to the movies every Saturday and every Sunday. Rain or shine, snow or Northeaster, it matters not. The only thing that matters is that the movies be rated G (as in Gene Paul), PG (as in Parent and GenePaul) or PG-13 (Parent and Gene Paul when he is 13 or older, which he now is). He is NOT under any circumstances allowed to watch rated R (as in Rudeness) or rated NC-17 (as in NO Chance GP is ever watching that before he is 17!).
Sometimes finding new movies can be a challenge when you go to the movies as often as he does. Some months it seems like every new release is rated R or rated G (I mean really, how many times can a 14 year old watch Toy Story 3? C'mon!). So needless to say, he ends up watching the same movies over and over in any given month. This week was one of those "not great at the Box Office" weeks. He's seen them all...except Ramona and Beezuz.
This morning he is already up and as we are having breakfast I ask him if he is going to watch R&B (He watched Salt on Friday night and Inception yesterday, again!) , to which he replied ,
"No, that's a girl movie!" OMG! I can't believe he said that!
I think Gino has some explaining to do! LOL!

4 comments:

Barb said...

My husband and I do not watch rated R movies and try not to watch PG 13, I know, we are grown adults but some of that stuff is just not what I want to watch, so try going to the Video stores....it is difficult. So I know how hard it must be to find movies for him....but if he doesn't mind watching them over and over??

WoolenSails said...

It is hard to find good movies sometimes.
I find myself not looking at half the movies we watch, lol.

Debbie

Jess said...

That is too funny! I think Gino has a little something to do with that.

Kitty Pearl said...

I remember reading R&B wehn I was GP's age. Can't remember a thing about the story except that I liked it. About time they made it a movie.