Monday, May 26, 2014

Baby Steps...

After two years in my new house I am just now starting to think of "living" in this new space. Seems as if I have done nothing but put out fires since I moved in and I am now at a point where the fire is burning slow and steady. The fires are still there because there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done, but it's nice when it doesn't need to be done "yesterday".  Last month I actually found my dinning room table. TADAAAA!
I even cleared the mantle of "things to be put away" and put some of my treasures on it too. That was a long time coming, to put it nicely. This is what it looked like when I was done. 
I've done some "tweaking" since then and things have changed up a little but for the most part. 
I think I can live with it as it stands... for now.
Turning a house into a home takes time. I think I am working my way there... 
but I think that although I figured it might take small steps to get there, it will actually be more like baby steps... slow and steady I go.
Now if I could only put up that darn wallpaper in my kitchen....
June project???

3 comments:

Sue said...

I love your style. Your home is beautiful

WoolenSails said...

It was well worth the headaches, your home is beautiful and so warm and inviting.

Debbie

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Brenda your home is beautiful, enjoy your progress.