Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Work In Progress...

Ever feel like your all out of "craftiness"? I've been feeling that way lately.
I can't find my crafting MOJO. It's so sad, it depresses me... but last night I said I need to make something. I must make something!
So this is what I made... TADA!
It's a Sewing Case! Mind you, this is not a
"get your mojo back kind of project". This is more of a "What the **** !", kind of project, LOL! Yeah, I'm thinking this just looks like a beginner project but when I started making it (by the time I read the directions I had already sliced and diced all the wool so it was either I made it or chucked the wool...are you nuts?!) I discovered that THIS is what the inside looked like:
Hello?! There are pockets on the other side too...better pics when I finish the last pocket but I really just had to take a mental break...what's up with all the pockets? OK, so it's really, REALLY cute, but I am feeling a little worked up about the pocket situation. And the directions are "like" four pages long...hello? I saw the little flower pot and and was hooked, I didn't bargain for all that work...I thought it was a needlecase! I was dooped by this pattern... But who knew I could make pockets? LOL!
Anyway, I did get to try out some of the fancy stitches on my Bernina... and I did use some awesome threads. I also used raw silk for the pockets and all hand dyed woolens for the outside and the applique.
I really love the way it looks and it's almost done, so stay tuned... my fancy schmancy pockets with flap covers are on the other side. Well, you didn't think I was going to show you the whole thing in one post, did you? =)

17 comments:

Barb said...

I love it, hope you get your mojo back!!

Strlady said...

Dang girl, those pockets rock!!! Love the fancy stitches and the hearts are so dang cute! You outdid yourself!

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

Get your Mojo on! You rock girlfriend.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say we go to lunch and celebrate!!!!!I love it!
Hugs,
Lynn

Trash said...

That is a gorgeous looking neddlecase. Get you with the tricksy pocketage!

Sue said...

I love it. I've lost my Mojo as well. Maybe it ran off with yours!
Yesterday I made a little sewing case as well...no pockets and now all the bits fall out. Wish I had pockets too.

Joanna said...

Woah, you did pockets?!! You are Super Woman!! It looks gorgeous. Loving the raw silk with the wool. You are so fancy schmancy!

Sweet P said...

Wow! That is a great project. Congrats for getting your mojo back.

Whimsey Creations said...

Those colors are yummy! If you really can't stand it you could always send it to me! LOL I love the front especially with the flowerpot.

Jenny said...

TThis is gorgeous.

If you're not feeling creative I'll trade you this for a paint with water book I have here.

It is easy, simple and you will feel just like an artist in three minutes!

Actually you are an artist you silly girl.

I think you need to put that in the drawer, take a walk outside, make something out of found objects, eat a chocolate bunny that you buy on sale AND look at it again!

It is lovely. And so are you!

Maggey and Jim said...

Well I think you did an awesome job.. I love it and know what you mean.. I made a needle case of Sue Spargo's and thought I would loose my mind but prevailed and now it is PRICELESS..lol
Hugs,
Maggey

Denise :) said...

Darling! Mojo, smojo...you've got it going on! :)

Jess said...

That would make a real nice cosmetic brush case... hmm maybe w/ smaller pockets :]

WoolenSails said...

I really like that one, could be modified too, but thinking is a nice rug hooking pouch too. It could hold hooks and scissors.

Debbie

PatC - All is Bright said...

Hi - first time reading your blog. I love working with wool, in fact most of my christmas projects are done with wool. Love your creation. That's the kind of stuff I love!

Pat w/All is Bright!

Tracey J said...

it's so great! what a cute case!

Carrie P. said...

So cute. Hope it is not to long before you start feeling like sewing again.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

THAT is adorable. Is there a pattern for it?? I LOVE IT!!!!!!