Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still Stitching...

Well, I was kinda-sorta-hoping that I would have this ready to mail out tomorrow but I must confess, now I'm not so sure. I think the pearle cotton is slowing me down and
is literally a pain in my hand. Geez, you'd think I would have figured out the right needle to use by now but I think I have tried all the embroidery needles I have on hand and cannot find one that is just the right size for this thread. It's big, bulky and so freakin' beautiful that I just keep trudging along no matter what. I sure hope she likes my stocking and appreciates my efforts because this is going way beyond what was required! Isn't it coming along nicely? I have to get back to work now but I wanted to share my progress...
Hope everyone is toasty today; we are snowed in! Yikes!=)

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh the stocking is gorgeous!! Well worth all your effort. If your fingers aren't numb yet, would you just whip up another one for me? LOL!!!

Julie said...

Amazing that you are snowed in. It finally got cold again here, but nowhere near snow-cold.
The stocking is a really nice one. Surely the recipient will appreciate it!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

OH! What a beautiful stockin'!!
We're buried in snow too!!
Just wanted to wish you and your family a happy and blessed Christmas!!! :> )
~Peanut

Juliann in WA said...

Oh my goodness - this is absolutely beautiful. Merry Christmas!