Monday, January 21, 2008

Piecing 101

Look what I made this weekend; a brand new Table Warmer! I used Cozy Quarter's new pattern, Trio of Love, three Snow Blooms (Moda) charm packs and a yard of fabric. Those of you who know me personally know this was no small feat. I am not a "piecer"...Getting my points to match is almost as painful as having a root canal. But I just had to make this, it was the perfect pattern for those charm packs and I had been saving them for months. I figured if I want to get better at piecing I might as well work on some easy projects and see if my baby steps will improve my results.
I am almost done quilting it. I quilt after I finish assembling it (I know that's a bit weird, but it works for me.) It lies perfectly flat, the bump on the right is a shadow...I would have ironed it but I didn't notice until after I took the pic!. Anyway, I am quilting in the ditch, by hand and am taking a break since my fingers are so sore I can hardly hold the needle. I think I might invest in some rubber thimbles. I hear they work wonders.

No comments: